OUR JOHNSON COUNTY NEIGHBORS -THAT IS WHO WE HELP
- We help nearly 12,000 low income Johnson County neighbors each year during the winter holiday season.
- The neighbors we help have a family income below 150% of the poverty line and reside in Johnson County, Kansas.
- Most of those we help have a member of the family who works but simply does not earn enough to rise above 150% of the poverty level. 1 in 9 Johnson County jobs pay less than $10.00 per hour. 1/3 of all Johnson County jobs pay less than $15.00 per hour. It takes more than $15.00 per hour for a family of 4 to pull themselves above 150% of the poverty level.
- The majority of the neighbors we help have a high school diploma and some college education.
CLIENT REFERRALS AND APPOINTMENTS
- Almost all clients, with just a few exceptions, are referred to us by the Kansas Division of Child and Family Services or another charitable organization.
- All clients must submit an application.
- All clients are pre-qualified.
- All clients shop by appointment. We are very sorry but the Holiday Shop cannot function unless all clients have applied and received an appointment.