The Johnson County Christmas Bureau (JCCB), a 501(C)(3) non-profit, non-denominational agency is seeking a dynamic Executive Director who can effectively collaborate with diverse groups of people, facilitate, and build the capacity of our great volunteers, connect, and sustain relationships with donors and community partners. Active listening and strong communication skills are a must. Evidence of strong organizational skills is required. The willingness to build a passion and a vision for JCCB’s future is paramount.
Provide warmth and support, during the winter holiday season, to low-income Johnson County, KS families;
Increase awareness and understanding of poverty in Johnson County Kansas; and
Give neighbors and outlet to help neighbors.
To be dedicated to our mission we hold ourselves to the following values:
Integrity Beyond Reproach: We will meet the highest ethical and professional standards in all our organizational endeavors, and we hold ourselves accountable to our mission and to the communities within Johnson County.
· Be honest, authentic, and transparent at all times.
· Be accountable to each other, to the mission, to our donors, members, partners, and to the Johnson County communities.
· Earn trust by building relationships, being competent, and following through on all our commitments.
Transparency: Transparency builds trust, and trust is the foundation of great teamwork. This trust extends to our partners, donors, members, volunteers, and clients.
· We will operate with openness, sharing non-confidential information with all members in a timely manner.
· Transparent about our goals and expectations and how we are living up to them.
· Provide complete visibility into the successes, and sometimes failures, of our organization. It is an integral part of our culture as we collaborate and work towards a common goal across teams.
· Honest and direct communication and feedback.
Accountability: We are all accountable by always measuring ourselves against the highest standards of integrity and fiscal responsibility.
· Each of us is responsible for our words, our actions, and our results.
· Take ownership for the quality of our individual work, but also take pride in what we deliver as a team; our focus is on a successful outcome for all and the Johnson County communities we serve.
· Involve others in decisions and plans that affect them.
· When things don’t go as planned, we proactively use it as an opportunity to share and learn.
Inclusion: We are committed to diversity.
· Our actions invite people from all cultural, religious, ethnic and gender identities to seek assistance from JCCB.
· Our actions welcome people from all cultural, religious, ethnic, economic, and gender backgrounds to actively volunteer with JCCB.
· We respect the needs, values and traditions of the Johnson County communities and cultures.
Respect and Compassion: We honor the intrinsic dignity, autonomy, and worth of each person. We treat others the way we would want to be treated. We are considerate of each other’s feelings, values, and points of view.
· Demonstrate respect by committing to the communities in Johnson County and cultures, with awareness and sensitivity to their economic realities.
· Treat our partners and colleagues with fairness and honesty.
· We are always kind and caring to everyone we encounter.
Teamwork: Our whole is greater than the sum of our parts.
· We work as a team, achieving more collectively than individually.
· We are a cohesive unit setting aside personal agendas to work toward JCCB’s mission.
· We are committed to creating synergy by collaboration, encouragement, and selflessness.
· We work closely across all teams to make decisions and take actions based on what is best for JCCB as a whole and the communities we serve.
We are committed to pursuing the highest standards at every level of the organization. We are committed to putting forth our personal and professional best.
Submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover letter of introduction - Include the answers to the following questions:
What is it about JCCB that attracts you to apply for this position?
What has influenced you to seek a position working in a non-profit agency?
2. Resume – include work experience and responsibilities, community involvement including volunteer experience, education and accomplishments, and any special skills
3. Three references and their contact information - Indicate how your references know you. These references will not be contacted without your consent.
One or more personal reference
One or more professional reference
Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2021, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. (Note the Non-Profit Connect site requires a salary range to be indicated).